ForumsPvE

Second Raid Group

Hi guys!

This is just an idea i would like to run of the core group just to see if it might be possible. This is just from a prospective of someone not in the core group but helping out if they need or are merciful in giving me a chance when they don't need gear.

Think the best thing for the guild if for the 30 odd core (and those close to it) to focus on getting us that all glorious 13/13 HFC MYTHIC achievement. Would be an honor just to be part of that guild. This being said:

The fact that you have stopped doing heroic runs has left most of the people in guild with very little guild activity to do. I want to propose a thing that we could try to do if you guys would approve of this. A SECOND RAID. Not mythic but only a heroic run. Maybe later we can progress to mythic. 

What i propose is on every night (or try to atleast) that there is a mythic run that there be a Heroic run that starts 30min after the Mythic so you guys can get the 20 people for the mythic group ready. The heroic run would then be for the other people who did not get a spot (which for most of the time it would be people like me on the 2nd run of mythic or after 3 bosses or so). Let them do an heroic run. This will get people interested in staying in guild cause there is something to do and get your chars (our main or alt) get the gear on it so be mythic ready if they get that  all important call-up to the BIG LEAGUE.

The rewards for this beside gear you need is in the line of the leader giving Quh or Rhara the names after this for a minor DKP reward (for eg 50 DKP for whole run completed or every 6 bosses or whatever) they then add it to the pool for if your mythic ready bidding.

The loot system in this runs can be normal rolling for gear (as a pug would do) or personal loot. Just what you want it to be since no-one can argue then why they did not get gear. Just bad luck. 

The only real problem with this could be the leader of this group. The person should be trusted by the officers of the guild for giving rewards and should not host a bad raid cause then prospects might leave again.

Whould love to hear your thoughts

TL:DR

Want a second group(just heroic for now 30 after Mythic starts) If this group goes to Mythic aswell may not be your main char maybe, so you are not locked out if Main group needs.

Pros:
Rest of guild has something to do while main group focus on 13/13 mythic
Gets res of guild gear and gearing alts.
Lets the rest of guild still be wanted.

Cons:
Need a good leader not in core group.

+1 Vouch,

Comments: 

- Raid can be either HC / NM.
- Forget the DKP, ML only (DKP only for Mythic)
- Keep the groups small, 2 / 3 / 9 is perfect or 2 /4 / 12.
- Need to pug the rest if not that many guild members online.
- Someone will need to Manage, Lead, Post these raids in calendar.

Possible issues:

Guild member wont necessarily get gear.
Tanks & healers.
Not enough people in guild. Pugs ???

Best bet will be to give it a shot and see how it goes.
Ultimately officers need to give comments, suggestions ?!?! Approval ?

Qben

Qben

Consigliere

Quh

We (officers) still need to discuss these ideas/request further before we can make a final decision.
Personally I like your initative and incentive for players who doesn't get to join mythic for the night to still do some raiding.

The fact that "back-up raiders" not getting a spot for the night and feels unmotivated by this is a known issue that is very hard to solve. We discuss continous integration alot and right now we're trying a system with 25 core raiders with some rotation, we'll see how this work, but also this is another topic to discuss.

So, about starting a second raid team. This might be alot of work and require some endurance and patience. I believe that a stable group would only be acquired after consistently keeping these second-group-raids up on a strict schedule where players who sign will get to expect that the raid will happen, even if you need to bring pugs to fill up. If everything goes well then eventually the guild raider portion of the group will be greater or even full, and things will be smoother.

DKP for HC has been removed after unimous decision last meeting, so rewarding this for attendance is out of question as for now.

I really like the "mythic raid start" + 30 minutes suggestion. This way people from the mythic team atleast may consider joining the HC run to help out. To be realistic i think that alot of mythic raiders would not feel like joining for HC, but who knows until we try and see :) I'm just saying that the group will probably consist of lower geared and/or people behind on the current tier progression, but that it is still worth the 30 minute start delay to find out.

You have to log in before you may post a reply.